Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ditch It / Adopt It / 2010 Edition


Time for THE LIST(s). Last year, I opted to ditch soda/hate/cussing/paranoia/eating out. I did well with the soda, the hate, and the paranoia. Cussing & eating out have made a rampant return.

I also decided to adopt productivity/fob/culture/states/God. Productivity & visiting new states came to a standstill after my car accident drama, and the fob love went away after I got my Korea trip out of my system. Culture was a big hit last year. I was really lucky to see some amazing productions and even added some live music and art into the mix. God... well. We're always working on that.

DITCH IT
1. nostalgia
I am motivated by nostalgia and it's proven to be a waste of time. I don't want to keep friendships/habits/a particular way of thinking just because of nostalgia. I want to learn to cut ties when needed and to stop wasting my time/resources/heart on matters that don't yield anything in return.

2. regret
I am done regretting my past and the future I will never have. I'm going to deal with what I have made for myself and not allow regret to stop me from moving forward.

3. debt
I want to be debt-free by the end of this year. That will mean less adventures for this year, but nothing says "you're an adult" like financial freedom at the ripe old age of 30.

4. expectations
I used to blame my parents for their unrealistic and unfair expectations of who I was to be as a person. But I've now come to realize that in the end, I'm the only one can set, follow,ignore expectations for myself. So I'm going to ditch them behind, and vow just to be a happy person who loves others.



ADOPT IT
1. Blogs
It's the return of the blogs! I've always loved blogging and while I may have lost my skills (and readers), I shall dedicate 2010 to a revival! Public or secret, I shall give them my full attention and hopefully, others will do the same.

2. Passion
I want to cultivate and indulge in my passion for story-telling. I want to read,watch,hear,write,feel stories.I will dedicate this year to fueling my passion for creativity, as well as my appreciate for others' passion projects.

3. Health
I want to be a conscious eater, choosing local/organic/humanely raised. I want to take care of my body so it will take care of me. I want to have my diseases under control.

4. Strangers
As much as I'm ditching nostalgia and the crap that it's brought to my life, I am still hopeful for those I have yet to meet! I want to meet new people and be placed in situations that are outside my comfort zone. I want to live, love, and learn.

I want to have an amazing 2010.





No comments: