Friday, February 13, 2009

dead car, alive spirit



God allowed me to walk away from that with a broken collarbone, nothing more.


I'm going to take some more time to reflect on what I've learned from this experience. There's a lot and I'm still letting that settle. All in all? Drive carefully, defensively and safely.


I was driving on the 57S Sunday night. The road was dry (thank God) and there was no traffic (TG). The car in front of me swerved out of the lane and the next thing I saw was a white car stopped in front of me. I hit it, the airbags deployed, my car spun, another car hit my driver's side and I finally stopped a few lanes down.

The white car had some kind of engine failure and was just chilling in the far left lane. Not smart kids. Not smart.

I walked away with a broken collarbone and a lot of random bruises. I'm thankful that I didn't break anything else and am praying for a full and relatively painless recovery. Kaiser Lakeview is a horrid, horrid place. I do not recommend anyone going there. Their ER didn't take xrays or check for concussions (despite the bump on my head). I knew there was something wrong with my collarbone and three days later I finally got xrays taken that confirmed the fracture. I'm getting surgery next week to get a titanium plate put in and then will be in a sling for 6-8 weeks. That means no driving for 6-8 weeks.

Please come to DB to play with me!!!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

AHHH omg Inee your car looks crazy! Hope your collarbone is feeling better, maybe I can make it better with some sweets next week!